|'Tribe of Us' by Cristina McAllister|
This mandala was designed as a sort of logo for a group of close friends.
The central flower-like shape is made of overlapping, interweaving hearts. The figures are alternating male and female.
The symbols surrounding are (starting from upper left):
- Claddagh - an Irish symbol of friendship, love, and loyalty
- Spiral flame - passion, creativity (there are also several fire-performers in the group)
- Our Cup Runneth Over - abundance and celebration
- Yin-Yang - Chinese symbol for balance, interconnectivity, interdependence
- Añjali Mudrā - gesture that is a sign of respect and greeting
- Peace Sign - originally designed as a symbol for nuclear disarmament, it has come to represent peace, cooperation and understanding