Sunday, November 4, 2012

Getting Crafty

I'm very excited to announce that I will be hawking my wares over the next month at Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles!

 This indoor, year-round craft marketplace is chock-full of creative vendors offering their unique items - including original art, jewelry, clothing, accessories, gifts, decor, ceramics, toys, handmade bath and beauty products, and artisanal gourmet food products.


Located near Ports O' Call Village in San Pedro, CA, Crafted is a vibrant marketplace filled with intriguing booths filled with countless distinctive treasures!  When I went down there a couple of weeks ago to check it out, I had to forcibly restrain myself from spending waaaay too much money on supercool stuff!

If you're looking for holiday gifts that are more interesting than the standard mall offerings, and you'd like to support some talented artisans who have worked very hard to follow their dreams of creative enterprise, you have got to hit this place up.  It's open every week on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  There's no admission fee, but parking in their lot costs $5 (though there is plenty of free parking in the area if you're up for a walk by the seaside).
There are also special events going on - bands, refreshments, demonstrations, kids activities, etc.


Starting next Friday, my friend (and incredibly talented jeweler, sculptor, painter, dancer and teacher)  Deborah Wright is graciously sharing her Artistic Rite booth with me.  I'll have some of my hoodies (including the new Autumn Queen design), as well as a selection of Under $20 items perfect for gifting.  I'm especially excited about the new art pendant jewelry we've put together, as well as the new Shakti Art Cards.

I'll be manning the booth on Sundays from Nov. 11 - Dec 9.

Calliope has also been invited to strut her stuff.  We are working on picking a weekend to showcase our flamboyant gypsy wagon - and I am inordinately excited to have a chance to decorate her for the holidays. I know Calliope will be thrilled to dress up in some twinkling lights and festive decor.

I think I've used the word "excited" at least 3 times so far.  I guess I'm pretty excited about this.  :D

I invite you to come on down and spend an afternoon near the ocean, exploring this exceptional marketplace.  Discover some truly novel and wonderful items, get some shopping done, meet some very creative and talented people, and when you're done - hit the other great seaside attractions at the Port of Los Angeles.

And come see me on Sundays!

How to get there and more info here: http://craftedportla.com/visit-crafted/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your feedback - please feel free to leave comments for us!